The Law Office of William Henig, P.C. - Rockland County Divorce & Family Law Lawyer

The Law Office of William Henig, P.C.
25 Main Street
Monsey, NY 10952
Phone: 845-694-4428
Toll Free: 888-339-6188
Fax: 845-504-2738
Map and Directions

Rockland County Child Support Enforcement Attorney

Disputes Over Financial Support of Children

The formula for child support is dictated by the state of New York. However, you may need a lawyer to ensure that all income is counted or to deviate from the formula. You may also need an attorney for disputes over modification or enforcement of child support.

I represent mothers and fathers, custodial or non-custodial, in all divorce and family law matters. I have the legal knowledge to protect your rights and to pursue your remedies relating to child support.

My name is William Henig, and I practice in family courts of Rockland County, Orange County and Sullivan County. Contact me for a free consultation.

Spring Valley Child Support Modification Lawyer

I handle initial determination and modifications of child support, which is based primarily on the non-custodial parent's income and ability to pay. If you suspect the other parent is hiding or under-reporting income, I can step in to obtain bank statements and other financial data to ensure the appropriate level of support.

Modifying child support requires a substantial change in income or circumstances, whether job loss or reduced income or a significant raise or better-paying job. To reduce child support, the paying parent may have to prove to the court that he or she is not willfully unemployed or underemployed to avoid paying support. I have represented moms and dads on both sides of modification.

Rockland County Child Support Enforcement Lawyer

If you are not receiving court-ordered child support, we can file a contempt of court petition to enforce the order and collect arrears. The parent is subject to arrest and jail for willfully refusing to pay, and the court can authorize wage garnishment and property liens to collect unpaid child support.

I Am Here to Help • Contact Me to Discuss Your Rights

Child support involves sensitive financial issues and sometimes complex legal issues. For a free, confidential consultation, call me at 888-339-6188 or e-mail me. I can arrange evening or weekend appointments, and I accept major credit cards and payment plans.

Spanish and French Creole translation available.

The Law Office of William Henig in Monsey, New York, serves individuals in Rockland County, Orange County, Sullivan County and Ulster County, including New City, Spring Valley, Suffern, Ramapo, Pearl River, Clarkstown, Congers, Pomona, Nanuet, Montebello, Airmont, New Hempstead, Nyack, West Nyack, Orangeburg, Garnerville, Chestnut Ridge, Wesley Hills, Bardonia, Goshen, Haverstraw, West Haverstraw, Stony Point and Monroe.